Everyone has those days where you just feel absolutely rubbish, unmotivated and down, lets face it those days are inevitable as no one can be happy 100% of the time and if someone says they are or tries to act like they are then they’re faking happiness..
I thought I would share 5 things/tips that can help you get through those dreaded days and hopefully make you feel a little better.
1. Go for a nice bath, give yourself some time to relax and once you are out put on a good play list and do your hair, makeup or just put on some nice clothes– I find that this makes you feel better about yourself and that instantly improves your mood (In my opinion)
2. Try and get out of the house, whether it’s to meet with some friends or going for a relaxing walk on your own, getting out is essential for improving your mood and mind set! If you stay in you’ll only feel rubbish and have more time to feel down.
3. Make yourself some nice food and get a nice beverage, If you can, try and reach for something healthy like a chicken salad or some nice pasta, if you eat crap then it will reflect on your mood and your body- only making you feel worse! My go to drinks are normally peppermint tea, camomile tea or some water with ice and lemon, I am aware these aren’t to everyone’s tastes however they are amazing for your health and great for relaxing.
4. Exercise! Releasing good endorphins through exercise is a great way to lighten your mood and get you motivated, It doesn’t have to be anything drastic, a little jog around the village or taking your dog on a walk will do! If you feel hesitant towards exercising then just go for it, you will feel better for it after.
5. A feel good movie, this one’s simple however sometimes it can really help to improve your mood! Try and avoid anything that will make you feel sad, as tempting as it is it’s only going to reflect on your mood…Your favourite series or film might just cheer you up a little.